Ted's Taters in a Tub Competition
Yes it’s back for 2015!
After a successful launch last year, we are delighted to report that Ted’s Taters in a Tub Competition will feature in this year’s Theale Flower Show. What weight of potatoes can you grow in a 25 litre container?
- The potatoes must be grown in a 25 litre container (doesn't matter what shape)
- Any variety and number of seed potatoes may be used
- Watering and feeding is permitted Any growing medium is permitted
- Changing or replacing the growing medium is not permitted
- On the day of the Flower Show the container must be presented to the judges in an undisturbed state. However, haulms may be removed or cut back.
- Register your entry on this website when Registration beings in early July.
On Show Day, you will be asked to turn out the container when asked to do so by the Judges in their presence and they will weigh your crop of potatoes. The competitor with the heaviest crop will be declared the winner and you'll be awarded the prestigious Ted’s Taters in a Tub Cup
If you are keen to enter this competition, click here to leave us your details. There's no obligation at all, we just want to gauge interest.
Start planting & growing in Spring 2015! Look out for entry forms or online registration here which will be published with the Competition Schedule in early July 2015
Need more information or have any questions? Call Ted Hatch on 01934 712842.
Or here's a useful link to show you how - click here
Want to help Theale Flower Show?
We're always keen for new members to come along and help throughout the year, especially for Show Day. It's always a really enjoyable social experience and you'll also get to meet more people in the village.
It's also important that we carry on the tradition of Theale Flower Show. The Show has always been and remains an important event in the village but it only gets staged with a lot of enjoyable effort from villagers and other friends.
Just to give you a taste of how enjoyable working for the Show it can be, Sheila Badman has families from all over the country who come and stay at her campsite year after year just so they can help run the Show and enjoy the day - they always say "there's nothing like it where we live".
There isn't, so why not be part of it? Contact us