We had a very good AGM on 22nd November. All the main committee roles were filled:
- President - Phil Butterworth
- Chair - Carolyn Drew
- Vice Chair - Dave Tucker (subject to one year term at Dave's request)
- Minutes Secretary - Lesley Luke
- Treasurer - Yvonne Hutchison
- Assistant Treasurer - David Luke
- Show Secretary - Cathy Butterworth (mentored by Peter Drew and with lots of support from many other people!)
- Village Hall rep - Mary Clark
- Social Secretary - Lesley Luke
Highlights of the Agenda
- Everyone thanked retiring Show Secretary, Peter Drew, for the sterling work he has done for the Show over the last few years.
- Edwin and Sheila Badman kindly offered their field adjacent to the Village Hall for the 2017 Show - our grateful thanks to them.
- There were no changes to the Constitution, structure or organisation of the Flower show voted through at the meeting.
"Theale does wine tasting" - Saturday 12th November
Everyone who came along to hear "Gaston Philllipppe Beurre-Prix" our resident Theale wine, er, "expert" and enjoy the wines he presented for tasting were unanimous - what a great evening of fun! And extremely good value too with an excellent 3 course country themed meal and all the wine included for just £12.50.
Wine tasters were divided into teams and each challenged to come up with suitably flowery descriptions for each wine tasted, with some more printable than others.......here's a printable selection:
You can work out which of the tasting notes were made earlier or later in the evening!
Thank you to everyone who came along and filled Theale Village Hall, bought raffle tickets for a beautiful Encyclopedia of Wine, and thanks especially to Lesley Luke and her team for organising the event and for producing such fantastic food.
Proper wine experts, Tom and the team at Majestic Wines in Weston-super-Mare were extremely helpful in sourcing and providing the wine - thank you!
See you at the next Theale Flower Show fund raiser?
Want to help Theale Flower Show?
We're always keen for new members to come along and help throughout the year, especially for Show Day. It's always a really enjoyable social experience and you'll also get to meet more people in the village.
It's also important that we carry on the tradition of Theale Flower Show. The Show has always been and remains an important event in the village but it only gets staged with a lot of enjoyable effort from villagers and other friends.
Just to give you a taste of how enjoyable working for the Show can be, Sheila Badman has families from all over the country who come and stay at her local Theale campsite year after year just so they can help run the Show and enjoy the day - they always say "there's nothing like it where we live".
There probably isn't, so why not be part of it? Contact us